Our Leadership Team
Jose Humphreys, Pastor
- As a faith organizer, and pastor of Metro Hope Covenant Church, José remains committed to shalom-making in NYC, through facilitating conversation across social, economic, cultural and theological boundaries.
Wendy Hu-Au, Associate Pastor
- Wendy is a pastor who loves to see God working in communities. Since moving to New York City in 2015, she has fallen in love with Metro Hope and the surrounding neighborhoods. After only a year of being at Metro, she felt the call to serve as a pastor by empowering others to serve God and the greater community.
- I have been attending Metro consistently since Sept 2009. My wife Suzi and I had just started dating at the time and a lot's happened in their lives since. Through dating, engagement, marriage and parenthood - twice - and no less than three jobs changes, Metro has been a place of support, connection and challenge and a place where we've met Jesus individually and with/through others. I love the idea of supporting the Metro community and furthering its mission by serving on its Board.
- I have been attending Metro Hope Church for years. Being born and raised in El Barrio, my passion has always been to serve my community by giving of my time and skills where it's best suited to serve those in need.
Joey Rosario, Board Member
- I have been with Metro since day one. My heart is to share the Love of Christ through any means necessary. Metro is more than a church to me and my wife but more of a refuge. My desire is to walk alongside Metro and its Pastors and give back in any way possible.
Josue Guesnerth, Board Member
- Guesnerth Josue Perea is a follower of Christ who believes that the message of the gospel is more impactful when it is practiced and is woven into one's person-hood. Josue has served in various leadership positions throughout his faith Journey but finds home at Metro where he is able to unite his theological interests with his interest in Christian contemplative practices, and share those insights with fellow followers of Christ.have been with Metro since day one. My heart is to share the Love of Christ through any means necessary. Metro is more than a church to me and my wife but more of a refuge. My desire is to walk alongside Metro and its Pastors and give back in any way possible.
John Pickett, Board Member
Amber Bennett, Board Member
- Amber has been a part of the Metro family since 2013, and has been on the leadership team since 2015. She works as an elementary school teacher in the South Bronx, and regularly serves as a Sunday morning teacher with Metro's elementary-aged kids. Amber is also interested in environmental justice, current issues facing the South Bronx, and restorative practices for youth and communities.
Michael Lopez, Board Member
- Born the son of a Pastor and developed as a leader in the Bronx and Harlem, Michael has been committed to a life of community-based work. He has taken on the role of manager and strategic planner for non-profits in the field of education, as a co-founder of an LES food pantry, as a church elected official, and as co-chair for the AfroLatin@ Forum. He believes as the good Dr. King stated, “everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” Michael enjoys sharing spiritual principles of the Jesus ministry through teaching, preaching and leading congregations into worship.
Eurice Morales, Board Member
- A member of Metro Hope since the first year, Eurice has been dedicated to collaborating and supporting the church and Harlem community as we, together, realize our identity in Christ. She hopes to further reciprocate the care and nurture that she and her family receive at Metro as she continues to serve with gratitude.